Oct 19, 2009

天然戲水池˙加母子灣˙Jiamuzih Bay

My most important lesson this summer is swimming in the Pacific 0cean. Yes, I do love the ocean and I feel so comfortable every time I see its amazing color and shiny surface.
However...I know it sounds a little bit silly but every time I tell a new friend I live near the ocean, they ask:.
“Do you go surfing?” “Uh, no never..” I reply
“Do you go snorkeling?” “No! I can’t even swim that well!”
“Do you go diving?” “Uh, never tried..” I blush
“Can you sail a boat?’ “Are you kidding?” Now I’m getting frustrated..
They always stare at me like I'm an alien...Ok.. maybe it's time for me to change.
I know I’ll never be Michael Phelps, but at least allow me to learn how to enjoy the great power of the ocean without fear. And another reason: I want to try ‘finding Nimo’.

So I choose the best place for my entry-level class-Jiamuzih Bay加母子灣.
It's located on highway 11 at 149.5k and it’s easy to find when you drive past.
The main access to the beach is from the Jiamuzih Bay recreation area on the south side. There is a parking lot, benches with a picnic table on the roadside, and convenient stairs directly onto the beach.
( 22°51’48.9”N 121°12’22.1”E)



But usually, I access the beach from the bay’s north side. You’ll see an odd-looking building on the roadside that used to be a coffee shop with canoe rentals.
149k (22°51’54.3”N121°12’37.7”E)



The bus stop:漁澳
But I never heard any one say ”yu-ao”, maybe “Jiamuzih -wan” is ok.
It's closed now but you can still use the shower down below if you really mind the sand.

Because Jiamuzih Bay is a smaller bay within Dulan Bay, the wave uually isn't too big, making it safe for children and people like me.

Sometimes I meet friends there at about 3 o'clock or a little bit later in summer times. It depends on the sun and how lazy I am that day. And in winter, I prefer to swim under the sun. ? o’clock is the best timing during ... to….I'm easily satisfied, so usually I just snorkel along the coral reefs slowly.
You don’t have to go too far to see many cute fishes and some amazing coral. My favorite coral looks like a huge flower which is brown with purple edges. And no matter what kind of fish I see, I feel so content. One of my friends is a really good swimmer; she always swims further than the big rock standing guard in the bay. Sometimes there are people standing on the rock fishing. My friend swims out to where the fish are most abundant and she sees some special fishes, even sea turtles (but she has met jellyfish too)

After swimming, we like to sit waiting for the amazing sky to turn to orange or red, chatting and drinking beer! And… it’s the best time to go for dinner!

I always think: we have no swimming pool or aquarium, but we have Jiamuzih Bay!

1 comment:

  1. Hello 旅安
    我是RUBY 從輝ㄍ那邊連過來看妳ㄉBLOG
    有機會.我帶妳去潛水找"尼莫"啦

    ReplyDelete